How to keep your facilities clean and protect yourself and others against COVID-19
- 1 How to keep your facilities clean and protect yourself and others against COVID-19
- 2 Prevent The Spread Of Germs In Your Facilities
- 3 Clean Surfaces Frequently With A Sanitizer & Paper Towel
- 4 Clean Your Hands Thoroughly & Frequently
- 5 Download the Disinfection GUIDE
- 6 Keep Calm – There Is No Reason To Panic
- 7 Protect & Get Peace Of Mind
- 8 Relevant Resources
In this guide, we share our professional commercial cleaning service experience and resources offered by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to help our customers and others to have a clear plan of action in response to coronavirus (COVID-19) and avoid any unnecessary panic situation.
Frequent hand wash and cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for the prevention of coronavirus (COVID-19) and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings.
Prevent The Spread Of Germs In Your Facilities
- Keep a safety distance of at least 6 feet to other people.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, alltogether.
- Provide a solution for anyone to sanitize their hands before entering your facility.
- E.g. place a dispenser at the entrance of your facility.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands before a thorough hand wash and use of a sanitizer.
- Don’t share your mobile with anyone.
- After cleaning your hands, remember to wipe your phone clean with a sanitizer, or all your good diligence will have gone to waste.
- Clean your keyboard and mouse with a sanitizer wipe before use.
- Avoid using a computer that is not yours, and don’t let others use your computer (the mouse and keyboard are high-risk areas for spread of germs).
- Have a sanitizer spray available at your desk, in your bag or close by, to make it easy to clean the surfaces, phone, or keyboard during the day.
- Sanitize fixed line phones before use. Fixed line phones are usually used in reception area
- Clean your headset before use (make sure you clean them THOROUGHLY with a sterilizer wipe or spray/paper towel before use).
- Always use clean paper towels to clean the areas sprayed with the sanitizer
- Always dispose of used paper towels into a closed waste bin and empty it at least once a day.
Clean Surfaces Frequently With A Sanitizer & Paper Towel
- The clear purpose of frequent sanitation of all frequently touched surfaces is to kill the virus as fast as possible, in the unlikely event that a person is infected with COVID-19.
- Clean all surfaces in your facility where people pass or meet during the day; meeting rooms, offices, receptions.
- Pay particular attention to ALL door handles, light switches, keyboards, fixed-line phones, lockers, cabinets used to store coffee cups and plates, water fountains, vending machines, faucets in restrooms, kitchens and operating panels of elevators.
- Used paper towels and paper cups should be disposed of in a closed waste bin and emptied once or twice a day.
We suggest leaving a disinfectant spray, or wall mounted dispenser, in all these areas along with paper towels so everyone helps out by cleaning hands and surfaces before leaving the area.
Clean Your Hands Thoroughly & Frequently
The 1 minute hand wash
- Wet hands and apply soap to cover all surfaces of your hands.
- Rub your hands together (palm to palm) to create a good amount of foam.
- Then rub one palm over the back of the other hand with interlaced fingers, and vise versa.
- Rub thumbs and fingers of each hand using the other and vise versa.
- Clean the tip of all fingers in the palm of the other hand and vise versa.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly with running water.
- Wipe your hands with a paper towel and when done, use the paper towel to touch the faucet and close the water before disposing of it into a closed waste bin.
- Finish off with a 20 second hand wash with a sanitizer.
Use a sanitizer to clean your hands and mobile phone frequently during the day.
To make hand sanitation easy and frequent for colleagues and guests in your office, school, church or fitness center, make sure you have dispensers for hand sanitizer available on designated locations that makes it easy for colleagues and guests to sanitize their hands regularly throughout the day.
Download the Disinfection GUIDE
Keep Calm – There Is No Reason To Panic
We have received phone calls from customers about the raising concern and unease about how to react as employer, church community, fitness center, child care and educational institution.
We wish to underline that there is nothing else to do at this stage other than increasing the frequent personal hygiene, avoid unnecessary personal interaction in a 6 feet radious outside your home.
As employer, leader of an educational institution, church community, or fitness center, you can urge people to ensure the guidelines provided above and as adviced by World Health Organisation and Center For Disease Control, and facilitate personal hygiene by providing easy access to alcohol-based hand sanitation.
If you feel more is needed, a sanitation of your entire facility will ensure that you have the best cleaned facilities, and peace of mind. Rather than increasing your general janitorial cleaning frequency, we would argue that it would have a bigger impact on reducing the risk, if people who feel they are bout to get sick work from home, and any unnecessary travel outside the office is minimized.
In conclusion, no need for panic. Follow the general guidelines from CDC and WHO, and if a sanitation of your facilities is something you are considering, then we would suggest using a professional janitorial service company who is experienced in sanitation, understands the process, have the equipment, and trained cleaning crew.
We hope we have provided you with the insight you were looking for and brought piece of mind. Please do give us a call if have any further questions we can help answer .
Protect & Get Peace Of Mind
Get Your Deep Cleaning & Disinfection Service Done Now!
Call Us: 703-385-1232